Skip to main content

Mumbhaaii - Not That Bad!!!

Friends

First of all - it feels great to be back in Apni Dilliii :)

Thought, I would share my experiences on the Mumbai, Pune and Jalgaon Trip last week. Well it was official and i had to be there for one of the job fairs that we did in Mumbai, Thane for my company IIJT and thankfully it turned out to be one of the best job fairs so far! While, the trip proved to be a confidence booster during my first official visit to Mumbai and Pune, I had some mixed experiences as well:

Mumbai: I landed in Mumbai on a rainy Friday morning (obviously the flight was delayed) and the scene outside the Airport was similar to a typical beginning to any other trip to Mumbai - CHAOTIC!!! We had traffic snarls, long ques of cars and our good old Fiats in their most suited Yellow and Black outfits. The rides in these fiats weren't that bad! The wada pao on Juhu Beach during the high tides will stay in the memories for some time. I got a chance to drive in Mumbai as well, though it was not the best of the experiences in world, but I will still not be able to forget it for some time. Like any other Dilli Wala, I am pretty much used to the traffic snarls - but Mumbai was different and it really needs help!!! Not that I am cribbing, but now I can say that Delhi Government has still done a fantastic job of maintaining roads like the Inner and Outer Ring roads and the Toll / Express Flyways - which carry majority of the traffic. The drive on the Worli Sea Link was an exception though :) Amidst those Mumbai rains, the drive on the sea link followed by a little beer actually made up for the fatigue :)

However the good old crooks (taxi and auto walas mainly) left a bad impression on me! They will overcharge and irritate you to the extent you cant even imagine!!! I had to almost beat up a taxi wala for not being able to take me to Mumbai Chatrapati Shivaji Terminus for my Train to Jalgaon (my next destination on this trip) - beware of them when you are in Mumbai!

Jalgaon: Well, it was a short stay in Jalgaon (just about 12 hours) but I must say, I enjoyed this small city! I stayed in a small hotel near the Railway Station and headed to my office in Jalgaon. During the lunch break - I savored some nice little treats from Jalgaon! The "bhel puri" and "pani puri" were amazing and filling too :) We had good fun in the city, except for the fact that it was hot, unlike Mumbai!!! From Jalgaon, I headed to Pune in Train :)

Pune: What can I say about this city? Wonderful city, fantastic weather and completely different from Mumbai's busy life. Though Pune is an IT hub and a lot of students come here for their higher studies from all across the country - this city still does not get crowded :) I stayed in Pune for 2 days and it was relaxing (by now it was pretty clear in my mind that I like Pune much more than Mumbai) We had some amazing "ghar ka khana" in our guest house and Ranjeet (our care taker) deserves a pat on the back for this!!! Though one memorable experience was with one Old Auto Wala, who almost kicked us out of his Auto in Pune since we could not make him understand where we wanted to go (it was our first visit to Pune)

If you are in Pune, don't forget to go to Shisha Cafe in ABC Farms - some nice hukka and brownies will relax you there. The service was not good though - but the experience still was nice and relaxing... It was a shame that I could not get time to visit Lonavla, but my train to Mumbai did pass through the station!

Mumbai Again: I had to come back to Mumbai for a few meetings and to catch my flight back to Delhi :) (by now I had started to miss my home) Day 7 on the trip was fine and in the evening, I took my (delayed) flight back to Delhi... Landed in Delhi late night and vroooommmm to my home :)

Overall - A nice visit (though a week was a little long) but I must say, nothing better than apni Delhi!!! To check out some of the pictures of this trip click here

For more travel updates, stay tuned!!!

Cheers
Sumit 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am 12th Pass - What Next?

Right then This one is for all the youngsters who are stepping out of their school lives and are stuck with what to do next! Yes, for millions of youngistani's this question has either not been answered or has been answered be their parents / relatives / peers or other influences in life. I remember the days when cleared my Senior Secondary examination from CBSE about 11 years back - everyone around me starting talking about me becoming an Engineer, that too from IIT or DCE only. Some of them had started calling me Er Sumit Saxena (on a lighter note of course). But, I wasn't too keen to become an Engineer - not that I knew what should I do in life, but yes not Engineering for sure. Due to the fact that I was being pushed against the walls (only by the expectations of my ecosystem) I decided to appear for the entrance exams (JEE and all) and flunked with flying colors! Yes, I could not clear any of them, only because I was sure I can't be an Engineer, even if I become on

The Agony of an Indian Son, Husband, Father.....

Disclaimer: This post is completely imaginary and bears no resemblance to any living being or incident. These are just my thoughts and may be a little bit of sarcasm around the topic. Pure fiction! Hope you enjoy reading :) _________________________________________________________________________________ I was born in a small town of Uttar Pradesh in a Kayastha joint family. My father is a government employee working as a clerk and earns only so much that we can live by ourselves. We obviously cannot save anything and my mother always kept dreaming of living a life which is full of fun, frolic, holidays and jewellery! While I was growing up, I kept listening to my mother blaming my paternal grand parents for all the hardships and problems we have faced so far and saw her crying many a times whenever she would retaliate to what my father or grand parents would say. In our kind of families, females are not allowed to argue much with the in-laws as it was considered rude, even if th

Letter To PM - You Have Lost 1 Vote Sir!

Dear Prime Minister Sir, I hope you get to read this letter some time. I am a citizen of this country and am living in the National Capital Region. I am 28 years old and work in the corporate sector. This is all about myself that I am sure you would like to know. I am writing to you today as a rightful citizen of India and as someone who voted for Congress in anticipation that things will change in the country with some of the most promising faces in the political arena favoring Congress. I would not hesitate in saying that it was also attributed to the lack of good options that made you the obvious choice. It all went very nice and cosy after the elections till we started getting jitters from the government or should I say lack of governance. I am neither an economist nor do I specialize in "how to run a country" - but as a citizen of this country, I am entitled to ask you some basic questions: - What went wrong with inflation? Why all of a sudden everything seems to b