Skip to main content

Would You Compromise on Quality to Hire for FREE

Employers

With so much happening in the recruitment space, we all have numerous options available with us to hire right from:

- Free Hiring Through Institutions
- Paid Bulk Hiring, Turnkey Projects
- Temp Staffing (Through players like Teamlease)

A lot of people are facing a situation wherein they have huge fleet on the ground requirements in Sales, Retail, Hospitality, ITES for freshers or up to 1 year experience, but are unable to fulfill them simply because sourcing is a big concern for these profiles. Today almost 80% of hiring is happening in the above sectors, while on the flip side almost 75% of the job seekers are looking for opportunities in other functions like Engineering, IT, Finance and others.

This is the irony that not only the employers are facing, but also the ones working on the sourcing of these projects are handcuffed with. The recruiters are having a tough time convincing the good (or at least average) candidates for their "fleet on the ground" requirements, whereas, the candidates are absolutely OK to sit back and do nothing, but join the function they have always dreamt of!

This subsequently has been forcing quite a lot of employers to start compromising on quality and hire candidates who are below par. By the way this has happened after quite a lot of companies increased the compensation they were paying earlier for similar roles.

While this has opened gates for a lot of training companies and professionals - but this means that the entry level workforce that some of the employers are taking in is not "Up to the Mark"....

As someone who works in the employability - employment domain and have been undertaking numerous "Bulk Hiring" projects, I have only one question in my mind, "Would You Compromise on Quality of Candidates if you get them FREE OF COST?" Would be great to have your opinion so that I can complete my analysis on "Bulk Hiring". Your comments and suggestions would be more than handy for me. Please feel free to write back, email or bbm me on the subject.

If you like this blog, then please feel do visit www.facebook.com/skdblog and hit the "like" button... Please share the blog and this poll in your circles too

Cheers
Sumit :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I am 12th Pass - What Next?

Right then This one is for all the youngsters who are stepping out of their school lives and are stuck with what to do next! Yes, for millions of youngistani's this question has either not been answered or has been answered be their parents / relatives / peers or other influences in life. I remember the days when cleared my Senior Secondary examination from CBSE about 11 years back - everyone around me starting talking about me becoming an Engineer, that too from IIT or DCE only. Some of them had started calling me Er Sumit Saxena (on a lighter note of course). But, I wasn't too keen to become an Engineer - not that I knew what should I do in life, but yes not Engineering for sure. Due to the fact that I was being pushed against the walls (only by the expectations of my ecosystem) I decided to appear for the entrance exams (JEE and all) and flunked with flying colors! Yes, I could not clear any of them, only because I was sure I can't be an Engineer, even if I become on

The Agony of an Indian Son, Husband, Father.....

Disclaimer: This post is completely imaginary and bears no resemblance to any living being or incident. These are just my thoughts and may be a little bit of sarcasm around the topic. Pure fiction! Hope you enjoy reading :) _________________________________________________________________________________ I was born in a small town of Uttar Pradesh in a Kayastha joint family. My father is a government employee working as a clerk and earns only so much that we can live by ourselves. We obviously cannot save anything and my mother always kept dreaming of living a life which is full of fun, frolic, holidays and jewellery! While I was growing up, I kept listening to my mother blaming my paternal grand parents for all the hardships and problems we have faced so far and saw her crying many a times whenever she would retaliate to what my father or grand parents would say. In our kind of families, females are not allowed to argue much with the in-laws as it was considered rude, even if th

Letter To PM - You Have Lost 1 Vote Sir!

Dear Prime Minister Sir, I hope you get to read this letter some time. I am a citizen of this country and am living in the National Capital Region. I am 28 years old and work in the corporate sector. This is all about myself that I am sure you would like to know. I am writing to you today as a rightful citizen of India and as someone who voted for Congress in anticipation that things will change in the country with some of the most promising faces in the political arena favoring Congress. I would not hesitate in saying that it was also attributed to the lack of good options that made you the obvious choice. It all went very nice and cosy after the elections till we started getting jitters from the government or should I say lack of governance. I am neither an economist nor do I specialize in "how to run a country" - but as a citizen of this country, I am entitled to ask you some basic questions: - What went wrong with inflation? Why all of a sudden everything seems to b