Skip to main content

Letter To PM - You Have Lost 1 Vote Sir!

Dear Prime Minister Sir,

I hope you get to read this letter some time. I am a citizen of this country and am living in the National Capital Region. I am 28 years old and work in the corporate sector. This is all about myself that I am sure you would like to know. I am writing to you today as a rightful citizen of India and as someone who voted for Congress in anticipation that things will change in the country with some of the most promising faces in the political arena favoring Congress. I would not hesitate in saying that it was also attributed to the lack of good options that made you the obvious choice.

It all went very nice and cosy after the elections till we started getting jitters from the government or should I say lack of governance. I am neither an economist nor do I specialize in "how to run a country" - but as a citizen of this country, I am entitled to ask you some basic questions:

- What went wrong with inflation? Why all of a sudden everything seems to be getting dearer?
- Why did the government had to allow numerous fuel price hikes in the last 2 years?
- Why is this government bowing down in front of the allies despite knowing that they are at fault?
- What stops the government from bringing in the Jan-Lokpal?
- What's happening to Kasab? Till when should I keep paying taxes for his food and stay in our country?
- When will we get to hear about the sentences for people like Suresh Kalmadi, A Raja who are more or less proven guilty in the respective cases of corruption?
- Why is the crime rate still increasing in the country?
- What is the government doing to curb crime and corruption in India?
- Why can't you convince the opposition on even a single issue, except of course the salary and perk bills for MPs
- Why did people like Digvijay Singh, Kapil Sibbal and Ambika Soni go on a rampage against team Anna with the motive to defame them on charges of corruption?
- Why was Google served an IT Department notice the very next day when it refused the Government's request to tone down the content on internet?
- Talking of IT Notices, why does it seem to me that the IT Notices are being used by the Government as a Bomb to explode any base camp against the Government
- What is the government doing to stop the 100 Crore begging racket running in Delhi / NCR. Is this not illegal?
- Who is accountable for the amount wasted in the parliament when it does not work for days?
- Why are the schemes like MNREGA and UID not properly monitored?
- What will happen to the black money stashed in Swis Bank?
- Why does Mr. Mukherjee not want to share the names of people with black money? Nothing seems to be wrong in doing this?
- Why do you not curb the quota war? Mayawati Ji now wants additional Quota for Muslims in OBC category?
- Why can't be quota allocated as per the financial and geographical parameters, instead of the caste parameters?
- When a minister gets slapped the government gets extremely active, what about the cases where innocents are being killed in fake encounters? Why no sentences so far?
- What is being done to upgrade the courts in the country? Did you visit any labor/district court in a smaller district?
- If yes, did you feel the need for some improvement?
- What are you doing to upgrade the Babu's of Government? Is "Naukar Shahi" the only skill required?
- Do you not believe that the Politicians and Beurocrats should be more Citizen Centric?
- What was the Government not able to convince the opposition on FDI when the entire nation seemed to be geared up for this?
- Why should the middlemen become richer and farmers become poorer? Why should I pay extra from my pocket to run my expenses?
- Till when are we going to be a Developed Country?
- Rupee seems to be at an all time low, what went so wrong? Or is it just bad timing?
- Who is keeping a track of the expenses made by political parties during and around Elections?
- Why should I pay 500 Rs to get the passport delivery from the postman? What makes you think, that I should pay an extra amount to get my passport made?
- Who is responsible to scan the background of politicians before they are allowed to contest elections or even join hands with any political party for that matter?
- Till when the UP and Bihar continue to live in fear of MNS in Maharashtra?
- What stops you from having an extradition policy with countries where our criminals are hiding?

These are just a few questions that came to my mind and trust me if you start asking people, 100 million people will ask you at least a similar number of questions from you.

I know some of the above issues may be completely out of your hands, but will you agree that most of the above issues are well within the purview of this government? Would you not want to come out clean and shining of all these issues being raised against your government and then enter the elections in 2013?

I am almost certain that this letter will not reach you, but for anyone else reading this letter, I would like to say something - "You have lost a Vote Sir"

I don't think I will vote for your party again, till it comes out clean of all the accusations. Even if it does not matter to you - My choice is made!!!

I hope better sense prevails...

Regards
Sumit
A Citizen (and Netizen) of India

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi Sumit, Really wonderful letter...
The JobMan said…
Thanks... Would be great if you leave your name with comment :)
Immortal said…
very nice Sumit hope it reaches the PM anyhow same questions are in the mind of every Indian Good work keep it up Sumit
The JobMan said…
Hey, thanks :) Would be great if all the Indians actually start questioning the PM like this... The great country will regain its shine :)

Popular posts from this blog

I am 12th Pass - What Next?

Right then This one is for all the youngsters who are stepping out of their school lives and are stuck with what to do next! Yes, for millions of youngistani's this question has either not been answered or has been answered be their parents / relatives / peers or other influences in life. I remember the days when cleared my Senior Secondary examination from CBSE about 11 years back - everyone around me starting talking about me becoming an Engineer, that too from IIT or DCE only. Some of them had started calling me Er Sumit Saxena (on a lighter note of course). But, I wasn't too keen to become an Engineer - not that I knew what should I do in life, but yes not Engineering for sure. Due to the fact that I was being pushed against the walls (only by the expectations of my ecosystem) I decided to appear for the entrance exams (JEE and all) and flunked with flying colors! Yes, I could not clear any of them, only because I was sure I can't be an Engineer, even if I become on

The Agony of an Indian Son, Husband, Father.....

Disclaimer: This post is completely imaginary and bears no resemblance to any living being or incident. These are just my thoughts and may be a little bit of sarcasm around the topic. Pure fiction! Hope you enjoy reading :) _________________________________________________________________________________ I was born in a small town of Uttar Pradesh in a Kayastha joint family. My father is a government employee working as a clerk and earns only so much that we can live by ourselves. We obviously cannot save anything and my mother always kept dreaming of living a life which is full of fun, frolic, holidays and jewellery! While I was growing up, I kept listening to my mother blaming my paternal grand parents for all the hardships and problems we have faced so far and saw her crying many a times whenever she would retaliate to what my father or grand parents would say. In our kind of families, females are not allowed to argue much with the in-laws as it was considered rude, even if th